Last Updated: October 2018
Information We May Collect
When you visit the Website, our servers collect website use information about your browser type, IP addresses, domain names, the website that referred you to us, network identifiers of our users and entry and exit points. In some countries, including those in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personally identifiable information under applicable data protection laws. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Website, pages viewed, and other similar usage of information. We use this information to measure the use of our Website and to improve its content.
E-mail addresses and other personal identifiable information such as first and last name, date of birth, home or other physical address, telephone number and other similar information are known only when voluntarily provided by a visitor for registration of product purchase, newsletters & communications, sweepstakes, contests, promotions and/or other participation of visitors in any available online interactive activity.
Use and Sharing of Information Collected
Unless otherwise disclosed during its collection, personal identifiable information that may be collected from visitors on this Website is retained by us or our distribution partners. We and our distribution partners do not sell, transfer or otherwise disclose this personal identifiable information outside of these companies, except as disclosed below or where other disclosure is required by law.
We may use the personal information you provide for any of the following purposes:
- Better understanding of the behavior of our Website users for making improvements according to our marketing and research goals.
- Notify winners of a sweepstake, contest, or any other promotion.
- Contact product owners in response to a product recall.
- Respond to a specific request or service inquiry of visitors.
- Obtain parental consent from visitors under 16 years of age (or the applicable age of majority if higher in a particular jurisdiction), where necessary.
- Provide any necessary notices to our visitors or their parent or guardian, where necessary.
- Protect the security or integrity of our Website, if necessary.
- Send out notifications and/or requests regarding Yookidoo® brand & products, events or other promotional purposes, if you have opted to receive such communications. You may opt-out of receiving such promotional information at any time by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any promotional materials sent to you.
- Share promotion of our products with authorized retailers and distributors and in general, promote our brand and products to you.
We also may share personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Provide us with services related to the purposes listed above, such as website hosting, professional services (including information technology services and related infrastructure), customer service, consumer service request, operation of the Website & related services. In such cases, the information will be shared for the purpose stated and not for independent use by the service provider.
- Actual or potential corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
- Any constitutional purposes such as competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary: (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which it is collected.
We will, however, normally collect personal information from you only in the following cases: (i) where we need the personal information to carry out a contract with you, for example when you purchase our products; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interest and not overridden by your rights, for example to connect our marketing to you; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), these interests will generally relate to: operating our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you, responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will clarify at the time what those legitimate interests are.
Protecting the security of your personal information is important to us. We use reasonable precautions to protect our users’ personal information and to store it securely. Sensitive information that is transmitted to us online is encrypted and is transmitted to us securely. In addition, access to all our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personal identifiable information. Finally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. Unfortunately, however, while we strive to protect your privacy, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed for 100% security. Therefore, any personal information you submit to us online is at your own risk.
The Website is a general audience site that is not designed nor intended to collect personal information from visitors who are under the age of 16 (or applicable age if different in a particular jurisdiction). Visitors who are under the age of 16 should not provide information to our Website without the consent of their parents. The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If it occurs that we have obtained any personal identifiable information about a child under age 13, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or of a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage parents to supervise the online activities of their children and consider the use of parental control tools available from online services and software providers, that help provide a child-friendly web environment.
Cookies, Web Beacons & Online Advertising
Social Network Access
If you sign in or link to the Website through any social networking service, such as Facebook, Instagram, You Tube, and other services, any information you supply (or have supplied) to us becomes subject to the privacy notice of that social network/service. We do not control and are not responsible for the privacy practices of such networks or services. For further information, please consult the privacy notice of such networks/services.
Your personal information may be transferred to and processed in countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that differ from the laws of your home country. Specifically, Paragon Internet Group Limited hosts our Website servers, which may be hosted in different countries depending on the website you use. Sandbox, its distribution partners and third-party service providers also operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in various countries.
We retain personal information which we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, to retain your information for future marketing purposes or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Date Protection Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, or in certain other situations, you have the following data protection rights, which you can exercise by contacting us using the reasons detailed below:
- Access, correction, update or request deletion of your personal information.
- Objection to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- Opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we may send you. Alternatively, you can indicate your marketing preferences for email marketing during registration or at any other time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- Withdraw consent for collecting and processing your personal information. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance with lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
In addition, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
If you are a resident of California, please note that the California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please direct your e-mail or mail request to the contact information set forth below.
Changes and Updates